Free Bag Friday – Photo Sport 200 AW

Filed in Contests by on November 11, 2011

In honor of the recent 2011 Pop Award for “Best for Hiker,” we’re going to give away one Photo Sport 200 AW as part of this week’s Free Bag Friday contest. Pop Photo commented about the bag, “We call this a solid hiking pack because it’s almost literally true: A rigid plastic back panel acts something like a hiking frame.”

If you want to a chance to win this stylish backpack, simply add a comment to this post stating why it appeals to you. The contest is open until 12:01 am PST on Monday, Nov. 14, 2011. Later that day, we’ll post the winner on our Lowepro Facebook Fan Page.

Help us celebrate this wonderful honor from Popular Photography. And by doing so, you just might win yourself a new backpack.

Derrick Story is the Photography Evangelist for Lowepro. Photo compliments of Popular Photography.

Tags:

Derrick Story is a professional photographer, writer, teacher and photography evangelist for Lowepro. He has authored several digital media books, including his latest, The Photoshop CS4 Companion for Photographers and The Digital Photography Companion (O'Reilly Media, publisher). Derrick is a Senior Contributor for Macworld magazine where he writes a digital photography column, and he's a regular presenter on the popular training site, Lynda.com. Online, Derrick has formed a virtual camera club called The Digital Story (www.thedigitalstory.com) that's open to all photography enthusiasts. The site features weekly podcasts, daily posts, training videos, and reader-submitted photos. You can reach Derrick at DStory@lowepro.com

1. matt says:

How often can you take your camera, lunch, harness and rope climbing with you and only manage to carry one bag. Well now my dream has come true in this bag, a totally unique carrying option from Lowepro. Yet again photographer’s and climbers can be married in harmony. Thank you!

2. Tom Kenfield says:

I’ve been looking for a new bag as my lens collection, like rabbits, keeps expanding! I couldn’t imagine considering anything else but Lowepro and this bag looks like it’s outstanding!

3. Daryl says:

Just bought a Canon 5D and 2 new lenses. The bag would make it a perfect package for my trip to Cape York Qld Australia.

4. Eduardo Silva says:

I have a 25 liters backpack that I use everywhere I go for carry everything I need, including my camera gear, but saddly, it isn’t a Lowepro backpack, or even a camera backpack.

I always liked to ride my bike, so it was a matter of time to decide to take my camera with me to make some photos of my tours… And that’s when the trouble began…

I couldn’t carry my water reservoir inside the backpack. It have no division for water and all the other stuff inside it. I would not want to risk having my camera and lens wet if there is any leakage of water from the reservoir.

Everything inside is so tight and so hard to pull… When I carry my DSLR and lenses, I need to put my camera inside a pouch to keep it safe and my lenses inside the case and pouches too (one of them is a Nikkor 80-200mm, if you know the size of this lens’s case, imagine how much space left)…

Plus it doesn’t have a weather cover. So I always carry at least 2 big plastic bags in the outside pockets for a quick rain event to cover the entire backpack and another 3 small ones for camera and lenses inside it.

All in name of photography…

Now, this Lowepro Pro Photo backpack is all that I asked for the gods for the adventurous…

An excelent quality backpack, with a quick access for camera and lenses, a dedicated hidratation space for a long walk/ride/hike/run/everything (and no camera, clothes or other equipment in the same pocket in an event of a water leak from the reservoir), plenty of space for all the other things without making this backpack looks like a refrigerator box hanging on our backs.

I’m from Brazil, and I know my english is not one of the best around here, but I hope you understand that this is a backpack that I was hoping someone to make a long time ago.

5. Lee Sacrey says:

Finally a camera backpack that will allow for personal effects and camera gear. Lowepro has once again thought of everything!!!

6. Bill says:

This is a sweet looking bag. I like the fact that it doesn’t look like a photo bag.

7. Pierre Bieswal says:

Doing two trekkings per year, this bag will allow me to store and access seamlessly my photo gear, but also all the clothes, drink and food needed for the day. I am sure this bag will be a hit among trekkers.

8. morgans1980 says:

This bag is appealing because it’s what I would call the Jansport killer. I’ve been using my old backpack from high school and have never been able to find a bag that can replace it. A bag needs four things to put an end the my old Jansport.
    1) Front pouch for easy access…no zippers, just a pouch!
    2) Side access…I’m on the go, I want to get to my stuff quickly
    3) Tripod access…and fast. I use my tripod 90% of the time because I shoot landscapes and do long exposures.
    4) Room for a book or two…I’m still in school and don’t want to have a million bags. I want one that is versatile enough for my school supplies, my photo equipment and a quick hike on the weekend. The Photo Sport 200 AW is just the bag that I need to put good ol’ Janny to her resting place.
    -Morgan

9. Lorenzo Yenko says:

Nothing rhymes with orange, therefore, it stands alone in it’s strength and resolve.

10. Robert says:

lowepro alway has best design,quality and functionality
    and you can see it in this backpack as well.
    Lowepro never disappoints

11. Rich McCarthy says:

Bold…Bright….Durable, like all Lowepro backpacks!

12. Eva says:

Hi, love the backpack.

First of all Lowpro always guaranties a great quality as well as design. I already have one Lowpro bag for my camera and I’m really happy with it. It has a great design – it carries many things along with my camera. The material is very solid so it lasts for long time. I love the rain coat as travel a lot to different places and the weather is not always predictable, so my equipment is protected.

The reason why I love this backpack is that it seems to have a good size where you can pack a lot but it’s not too big so it wont get in your way while hiking, the material seems to be again of a great quality, it looks comfortable to carry on your back which is important so it doesn’t give you a back pain. As it’s a backpack, it gives your hands freedom to take photos while traveling for instance. I also love the color – so bright which is nice and also good for security reason if the visibility is low, so yo are spot-able with this bag.

I would appreciate a backpack like this for my travels, a great deal.

All the best. Greetings :)

13. Frank says:

I Love the Color its like a Dream … Tangerine Dream!
    I Love the Style/Size it’s like a Porsche with an extra cargo area!
    I Love Lowepro …… What else? ;-)

14. Huzefa Aliasghar says:

in a place like karachi where there is action all the time and you need a photographer to capture moments of weddings, inaugurations, meetings, family, friends,so you need a bag pack like this. lowepro you rock. like seriously you rock and love your crazy new designs.I am your biggest fan.

15. Tan Woei Chyuan says:

It is the bag that combines my 2 passion, photography & outdoor activities, seamlessly together.