Final Gift of the Lowepro 12 Days of Giving – Photo Hatchback 16L AW

Filed in Contests by on December 24, 2012

This is it! The final gift of our “12 Days of Giving” is the versatile Photo Hatchback 16L AW.

To participate in the giveaway, just post a comment below stating your favorite holiday memory. We’ll randomly choose one of those memories on Wednesday, Dec. 26, then send that person the Photo Hatchback. (Void where prohibited.)

And thanks to you for being a part of the Lowepro community in 2012. We’re looking forward to a great 2013!

Derrick Story is a professional photographer, writer, teacher and photography evangelist for Lowepro. He has authored several digital media books, including his latest, The Photoshop CS4 Companion for Photographers and The Digital Photography Companion (O'Reilly Media, publisher). Derrick is a Senior Contributor for Macworld magazine where he writes a digital photography column, and he's a regular presenter on the popular training site, Lynda.com. Online, Derrick has formed a virtual camera club called The Digital Story (www.thedigitalstory.com) that's open to all photography enthusiasts. The site features weekly podcasts, daily posts, training videos, and reader-submitted photos. You can reach Derrick at DStory@lowepro.com

1. Jack Thomas says:

My favourite holiday memory is getting new skates from my uncle on Christmas Eve, my birthday. Photographing my nieces hockey games always brings back that magical memory this time of year.

2. Eugenie says:

My favorite holiday memory is visiting Santa Claus at Macy’s when I was a kid.

3. Carol Vile says:

my favourite holiday memory this year was seeing a baby penguin being fed by his parents at Living Coast in Torquay.

4. Dan Forsyth says:

I remember my first mountain biking holiday well. We were leaving England on a NYE, the temperature was well below freezing and much of the UK was at a stand still. Things had been like that for a while and I hadn’t been on my bike for some time as a result. We were heading to the Sierra Nevada in Southern Spain.
    I’ll never forget that first ride over there on New Years day…the sun was shining, the temperature was perfect, there was dust on the trails and the terrain was unbelievable with not a single soul on it (except for me and my mates)!!! One of the best days on my bike ever…nothing could have been better! The following six days were pretty much the same too.

5. Greg says:

Walking the trails in Whistler 2 years ago.

6. Tony Clement says:

My favorite holiday memory is my first with my wife and the 3 kids, great memory of seeing the joy on the faces Christmas day morning.

7. Charles Carmezini says:

O feriado que mais me traz recordações é o 1º dia do ano, dia mundial de confraternização, onde todos os povos renovam as esperanças.

The holiday memories that brings me more is the 1st day of the year, global day of fellowship, where all people renewed hope.

8. Hooman Mirrahimi says:

In last holiday I go out for hiking and Stargazin at night, with my camera for astrophotography !
    It’s the best night that ever I had !

9. Jason Blalock says:

My best holiday memory is by far looking at the two glass ornaments on our tree that are in memory of our 2 sons. Even though they aren’t here to enjoy the wonders of the holiday season, it’s a constant reminder for me to slow down and cherish what I am fortunate enough to have. And that is a loving wife, a fantastic family that is there at the drop of a hat, and a wonderful group of friends that might as well be family. Merry Christmas!

10. Renate says:

My favorite is when I got my first camera at age 12 or so for Christmas!

11. Robert Najera says:

We live in barstow, ca. We rarely get snow here but a few years ago we had a white christmas. My first one in the 35 years of my life and I got to enjoy it with my wife and boys. Awesome.

12. LAJ says:

My favorite holiday memory is my first one spent away from the cold and snow of the Midwest after moving to the perpetual sunshine of the Southwest!

13. Robert Lea says:

I have always enjoyed the holidays for myself yet, when I became a father my new favorite holiday memory became my daughters face lighting up during the first Christmas that she was old enough to sense how special the holidays were.

14. Manette says:

My favorite holiday memory is going back to Philippines when I was a child and attending all the fairs with my family. All the lights and colors were amazing.

15. Last Christmas, when my niece got a new camera for Xmas , we went for a hike and I got to share some photography tips and tricks ! Was a very nice moment :)

• Ofir says:

My favorite holiday memory (Hanukkah for me, but it was right when Christmas started) is from 2 years ago when I spent it at the Routeburn track in New Zealand along with my DSLR and photography gear, spending the holiday with people from all over the world.